Auditions for professional dancers are by invitation only.
A typical American Midwest Ballet season includes:
Three mainstage productions:
- Momentum (mixed repertory program) – fall
- The Nutcracker – winter
- Full-length ballet – spring
Touring throughout the season
The company performs a mix of classical and contemporary works.
How to apply:
Interested dancers should email the following materials to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Current resume
- Head shot
- Dance photo
- 3 professional references (both email and phone number)
- Short video consisting of: Adagio in the center, traveling combination containing pirouettes en dehors and en dedans, petite allegro with battu jumps, grand allegro. Ladies on pointe. Men submit footage of partnering if you have it available on file.
- If possible: all dancers may submit footage of themselves performing a classical variation (either rehearsal or performance footage.)
- Do not submit barre work.
Video applications must be filmed in a dance studio or dance space, not your home, since we must ensure the proper conditions to view moving through space, safely dancing on pointe, etc. If this requirement is not possible, please contact Matthew Lovegood ASAP at email@example.com.
Submission deadline: Friday, February 19, 2021.
Applications will be reviewed, and select applicants will be invited to virtual auditions on Friday, March 5, 2021.
For questions regarding auditions, contact Matthew Lovegood at firstname.lastname@example.org