WELCOME TO THE Nutcracker Cast page!
American Midwest Ballet [AMB] is pleased to welcome you to the cast of our 2020 production of the holiday classic, The Nutcracker! For questions, please refer to the Nutcracker Information Packet.
- Vocal and Dance Auditions: Aug 14-15
- Audition Results posted: Aug 17
- Parent Helper Sign Up due (minimum of 2 slots required): Aug 17
- Costume Fitting Schedule posted ($50 costume fee due): Aug 17
- Costume Fittings (performance hair/attire – no makeup): Aug 18-20
- Last day to subscribe for season tickets: Sept 1
- First Rehearsal Weekend (no absences): Sept 25-26
- Orientation Meeting (required for all students and parents): Sept 26
- Studio Rehearsals (Fridays and Saturdays): Sept 25-Nov 14
- Final Studio Rehearsals (wear performance hair/makeup): Nov 14
- Production Week at the Hoff Center (no absences): Nov 16-22
- No Nutcracker Rehearsals (Thanksgiving Break): Nov 27-28
- Studio “Brush Up” Rehearsal: Dec 5
- Production Week at Orpheum (no absences): Dec 7-13
Pay Costume Fee
Your costume fee payment of $50 per performer is due August 17. Payments must be made online. If you are paying for multiple performers, please submit a separate payment for each.
Please use this form to make your payment securely via PayPal:
weekly rehearsal SCHEDULE
Weekly studio rehearsals will take place September 25 – November 14, 2020. The schedule will be posted September 11, 2020. We cannot accept requests for individual students’ rehearsal time prior to that date. Schedules are subject to change, so please check email and this cast page regularly for updates.
The schedule for production weeks (a.k.a “tech week”) will be posted here when finalized. Please review the Tech Schedule carefully. Ensure you attend everything for which you are scheduled. Schedules are subject to change, so please check email and this cast page regularly for updates.
A non-refundable costume fee of $50 per student must be paid online no later than the Monday following auditions. Please use the form on this page for payments. Please do not send cash or checks to the studio. Understudies must attend the costume fittings.
Parents are required to sign up for at least two (2) slots no later than the Monday following auditions.
NUTCRACKER KEEPSAKES ORDERS
Orders for the following Nutcracker keepsakes may be placed starting in October.
- Cast t-shirts (Delivered: November 14 at studio rehearsal)
- Single tissue-wrapped rose (Delivered: backstage during performance chosen at time of order)
- Cast photo (Delivered: during Orpheum Tech Week)
OTHER IMPORTANT NOTES
Please bookmark this page for updates on future rehearsal schedules, how to order (optional) keepsakes, and other information.
Tickets: Single tickets for all of American Midwest Ballet’s 2020-21 productions (Swing, Swing, Swing!, The Nutcracker, and Alice in Wonderland) will be available in September.
For questions, please refer to the Nutcracker Information Packet.
Follow us on social media: