To foster a love of dance for students of all ages through exceptional training and performance opportunities.
HOW TO REGISTER
American Midwest Ballet School (AMB School)
AMB School is the official school of American Midwest Ballet, the region’s professional dance company.
AMB School offers classes for children, teens, and adults of all levels through two specially designed divisions:
- Community Division
offers a wide selection of dance classes for all ages in a fun and nurturing environment
- Academy Division
provides a structured curriculum for aspiring dancers committed to achieving a high level of technical skill
Our knowledgeable and experienced faculty is comprised of many current and former professional dancers. Students enjoy numerous performance opportunities through both divisions of AMB School and through these exciting programs:
- Junior Company – a prestigious pre-professional company for advanced ballet students age 13 and up. Selection is by audition.
- Dance for Media Arts – our new program to help students age 12 and up develop the specific skills needed to pursue dance careers in films, television, online video, advertising, and social media content.
- Ensemble – a student performance group presenting dances in a range of styles. The Ensemble is for dancers age 12 and up; the Youth Ensemble is for dancers age 9–11. Selection is by audition.
- Solo Program – a chance for dancers to hone their skills and gain performance experience at Youth America Grand Prix [YAGP] or other competitive dance programs. The YAGP program is open to dancers 9–18, and the regional program to dancers age 6–18.
AMB School students have the unique opportunity to perform alongside our professional dancers in AMB’s The Nutcracker and other productions.
During the summer months, students can further their dance studies through two programs:
- Summer Intensive – an immersive training experience for pre-professional dancers from around the region
- Summer Dance Series – a variety of fun classes that complement the school year curriculum
Visit American Midwest Ballet School on social media: